Subject: COMMODORE reborn!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 05 May 95 08:44:00 -11337

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: [email-masked] at Internet
Date: 5/4/95 7:04PM
*To: <[email-masked]> at Internet
Subject: Edupage 5/4/95
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Thought you'd all like to know AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT! (see article
     summary below) :-)
     -EG.

______________________________ Forward Header __________________________________
Subject: Edupage 5/4/95
Author:  [email-masked] at Internet
Date:    5/4/95 7:04 PM

***************************************************************
Edupage, a summary of news items on information technology, is provided
three times each week as a service by Educom -- a Washington, D.C.-based
consortium of leading colleges and universities seeking to transform
education through the use of information technology.
***************************************************************

TOP STORIES
        TCI To Offer Online Access
        Computer Industy Urges Standard For Videodisks
        "Decency" Legislation Is Not The Answer
        Flat-Panel Display Project Gets Thumbs Down
        Digital Signature Gain Legitimacy

ALSO
        Oracle Wins Another Interactive TV Deal
        Commodore Reborn
        MBone Covers Conference
        Funding For Public Broadcasting
        Microsoft Adds To Custom Service Operation
        IBM, NCR Win In RSI Trial
        Online Academic Publishing Venture
        Satellite-Delivered Digital Communications Services
        Mandatory Computers On Campus Spark Controversy
        Xerox Document Delivery
        CNN On Compuserve
        More Software On The Web

     <snip>

COMMODORE REBORN
The German company Escom AG which has about 1500 computer stores in Europe
has paid $10 million for the rights to the name and intellectual property
of Commodore Electronics Ltd., the company that developed Commodore and
Amiga computers and went out of business last year.  Escom says it plans to
resume production of the entire Amiga product line and to make Amiga
technology MS-DOS compatible. (Wall Street Journal 5/4/95 B7)

     <snip>

Edupage is written by John Gehl ([email-masked]) & Suzanne Douglas
([email-masked]).  Voice: 404-371-1853, Fax: 404-371-8057
***************************************************************
<snip>